There’s no denying little ones bring a lot of messy mayhem wherever they go! But fear not Mom, we’ve got your back! We’re here to share our best tricks for Cleaner Crafting With Kids! This way you can have all the fun with none of the fear!
1. Create a designated art area. It can even be outdoors. If you are worried about the floor, a tarp or large plastic table cover will help keep the ground spot free. This visual marker also helps kids clearly see where they can and can’t go with art supplies.
2. Cover the table. Yup, the entire thing. A cheap roll of butcher or craft paper will save you lots of time post-crafting. No need to scrub a table down that’s been covered beforehand. An added bonus is that the table itself can even become a mural to decorate!
3. Washable supplies only! Every marker, paint, and glue stick must be totally washable to ensure an easy clean up. Their colors may be slightly less vibrant than their non-washable counterparts, but everyone will be happy when little hands get clean after just the first wash.
4. Use clear plastic bins. This way even tots who can’t read labels will be able to help with the post-art clean up routine. Clear bins keep cleaning up simple, and make losing things a lot harder.
5. Keep things in arms reach. And this doesn’t just apply to supplies, I’d say its just as important of a rule for rags, baby wipes, and paper towels too. A quick hand will stop a mess right in it’s tracks!
6. Schedule accordingly. I like to say A before B, so Art before Bath. Craft dates are best set for times when you don’t have anywhere to be immediately afterwards. No one has time to stop midday to wash glue out of a toddler’s ponytail. So keep art before bath time, and keep your sanity in tact! Now happy crafting!